The advantages of voiceprint recognition compared to other biometrics are:
(1) The sound pattern extraction is convenient and can be completed without knowing it, so the user's acceptance is also high;
(2) The recognition of the acquired voice is low in cost, simple to use, and a microphone can be used, and no additional recording equipment is needed when using the communication device;
(3) Suitable for remote identity verification, only need a microphone or phone, mobile phone can be remotely logged through the network (communication network or internet);
(4) The algorithm for voiceprint recognition and confirmation is low in complexity;
(5) With some other measures, such as content recognition through speech recognition, the accuracy can be improved. These advantages make the application of voiceprint recognition more and more popular among system developers and users.
Of course, the application of voiceprint recognition has some drawbacks:
(1) The voice of the same person is temperable and susceptible to physical conditions, age, mood, etc.;
(2) Different microphones and channels have an impact on the recognition performance;
(3) Ambient noise has interference with identification;
(4) In the case of a mixed speaker, the voiceprint characteristics of the person are not easily extracted.
Therefore, voiceprint recognition is still mainly used in some scenes where the identity security requirements are not too high, such as the now popular smart audio. At present, the domestic Science and Technology News, Spirent, SpeakIn, and Yunzhisheng have launched corresponding voiceprint recognition technology.