Lock Maintenance Guide: Focus on Lock Core Selection and Maintenance
Locks play an indispensable role in everyday life. The birth of Chinese locks has been extended for thousands of cattle. The wooden locks were found in the cultural relics. The bronze locks appeared in the Western Zhou Dynasty. The metal locks have been widely produced and used in the Eastern Han Dynasty. The ancient Chinese locks have not only real value, but also become precious. Historical evidence, it reflects the historical development of woodworking crafts and hardware crafts from one side. Every day we touch the lock, from the door lock to the door lock, from the handle lock to the drawer lock, we deal with it every day, but we know how to choose the lock and how to maintain it?
1, the choice of lock core
When choosing a lock cylinder, first make sure that the lock that you need to install is in the outdoor or indoors. If it is the former, it is recommended that you choose more than 6 lock cores. The safety index is quite high. If it is indoor, we can choose 6 or less lock cylinders or coin slot lock cores without marbles. Because some of the locks that we use when we close the door in the room are not so much, we don't even lock them, so it is enough to install a simple lock cylinder.
2, the selection of the lock body
Usually, the door locks of the households are mainly made of multi-mode lock tongues. The main purpose is to improve the function of anti-theft, anti-shock and anti-cutting. If it is indoor, you can choose single tongue or double-tongue lock body.
3, the door lock feel
If the door lock is installed and it is very difficult to close the door, it is the gap between the door leaf and the door frame. The rule that the door leaf is too tight beyond the specified range may cause the door to be tightly squeezed or the door leaf is not the same size as the door frame. When you lock, you must be clear.
1. An experienced carpenter or a master with considerable knowledge of the lock should be hired. According to the fixed distance template in the product manual, the hole is made, and the support socket, the lock plate and the lock box hole are drilled to prepare for installation.
2. Check whether the holes drilled are accurate and correct, and follow the steps in the product installation instructions. If the lock switch is found to be inflexible or unable to open after installation, you should consult the locksmith master in time. The dealer of the product or the technical service department of the manufacturer or the after-sales service department, so that the problem can be solved.
3, the product installation and inspection without problems, the product will be removed, after the door brush paint and dry (recommended preferably in two or three days) and then reinstall the lock, the purpose is: to avoid the paint sticking On the lock products, it affects the appearance and performance (usually the drive is not flexible due to the sticking of the paint). The chemical gas will corrode the product when the paint is not dry, accelerate the surface treatment of the product, affect the appearance and reduce The life of the lock.
During the renovation of the house, please use the plastic bag (do not touch the rubberized surface of the tape with the surface of the lock) to seal the exposed parts of the lock handle, panel, etc., so as to prevent the surface treatment layer of the lock component from being acidic when being decorated or The erosion of alkaline materials and gases produces spots, blistering and even delamination, which seriously affects the appearance quality of the lock.
1. Always keep the lock body transmission parts with lubricant to keep the transmission smooth and prolong the service life. It is recommended to check once every six months or one year, and check if the fastening screws are loose to ensure the fastening.
2. During the use of the lock, periodically (half year or one year) or when the key is not inserted smoothly, a small amount of graphite powder or pencil powder can be put into the lock cylinder to ensure the key is inserted and removed smoothly. However, do not add any other oil to lubricate to prevent the grease from sticking to the marble spring, causing the lock to not rotate and not open.
3. Check the matching clearance between the lock body and the lock plate. The fit between the lock tongue and the lock plate hole is appropriate. The fit between the door and the door frame is 1.5mm-2.5mm. If changes are found, adjust the position of the hinge or lock plate on the door. At the same time, pay attention to the shrinkage and thermal expansion caused by the weather (wet spring, dry in winter) to ensure the clearance between the door and the door frame, the lock body and the lock plate is reasonable, so as to ensure the smooth use of the lock. Specifically, you can ask the manufacturer directly when you buy.
4. In normal use, if there is dirt, use a dry cloth to remove it. Do not scrub with chemicals such as detergent. Otherwise, it will damage the exposed protective film and cause discoloration. Do not wipe the lock body and handle with a damp cloth, as some metal locks will rust; alloy locks will wear away the coating and lose the aesthetic effect. Some zinc alloys and copper locks, when installed on the door for a long time, will find "spots". This phenomenon is not rust, but is oxidation. If this happens, just wipe it with a surface wax. You can remove the spots.