Use and maintenance of door closers, repairs
1. The newly installed door closers are used for one week to about 10 days. All screws should be inspected and retightened.
2. Use the hydraulic oil recommended by the manufacturer. For cold areas, use low-condensation hydraulic oil.
3. The door closer should be inspected periodically after being put into use. The contents of the inspection are: whether the mounting screws are loose or missing, whether the connecting arm rubs against the door or the door frame, whether the door body is deformed or loose, and the buffering effect of closing the door. Whether the support guide leaks oil or the like.
4. Usually the following problems occur after the door closer has been used for a period of time:
1) The mounting screws are loose or missing, causing the door closer not to be in the correct mounting position and the connecting arm to be damaged;
2) When the door closer is closed, the buffering effect is deteriorated, causing the door to collide with the door frame and the door body is deformed;
From the structure point of view, the door closer is a closed whole, and its quality is basically not seen from the appearance.
The most critical quality problem of the door closer is whether it leaks oil, because the door closer relies on the throttling of the fluid in its internal hydraulic system to control the closing process. The oil leakage means the failure of the hydraulic system, so the hydraulic system is The only criterion that determines the life of the door closer.
The main cause of oil leakage is that the pinion support guide wears to increase the clearance, the seal wear causes the sealing effect to decrease, or the throttle spool rotates counterclockwise away from the valve body when adjusting the buffering effect.
The decrease in the cushioning effect of the door closer is caused by the entry of air due to oil leakage or the increase in the fit (throttle) gap between the rack plunger guiding cylinder and the valve body. Therefore, the quality and accuracy of the material of the pinion and the support guide, heat treatment and machining are very important.
For a door closer with poor cushioning effect, simply adjusting the throttle spool for throttling cannot solve the problem at all. It is necessary to repair the method. If there is oil leakage at the support guide, remove the support guide and check the condition of the seal. If it is worn or aged, replace the seal. If the gap between the support guide and the pinion shaft is too large, the support guide is replaced. If the rack plunger is worn on the guide cylinder, the clearance between the valve body and the valve body is increased, resulting in a decrease in the throttling effect. The rack plunger can be removed and the surface is chrome-plated to repair. In addition, in the case of ensuring the cushioning effect of the door closer, the use of a softer spring is also a method of reducing the impact force of the door to the door frame due to the deterioration of the cushioning effect.
How to refuel the door closer
Antifreeze oil should be added after 1 year of use of the door closer. When refueling, screw out the oil hole screw to refuel. After the oil is full, tighten the screw.