1. Open the door so that you can operate both the inner and outer door handles at the same time. Locate the two screws on the inside door handle cover that are attached to the inner and outer door handles together.
2. Turn the two screws counterclockwise with a Phillips head screwdriver, and pull the outer door handle from the door with the inner door handle.
3. Use the Phillips head screwdriver to remove the two screws on the outer edge of the fixed latch door. Exit the door and pull out the latch plate assembly.
4. Use two Phillips screwdrivers on the door frame of the fixed striker counterclockwise to pull the door frame off.
5. Place the new latching plate assembly through the door on the edge of the hole, the portion of the curve of the latch bolt that should point to the outside of the door. Wood screws included with the door latch kit door latch kit.
6. The door that enters the door is pulled from the outside door. Usually the two sleeves, the cylinder inside the latch hole, will fit. Press the door handle until the cover is against the door.
7. Insert the inner door handle into the door from the inside of the door. Two setscrews, the holes on the cover, turn the screw thread clockwise to the outer door to pull the gloves, tighten the screws, and use a Phillips screwdriver.
8. Fix the impact plate and the screws attached to the kit on the curved side door frame that is bent around the inside of the door frame.